Being a homechef I always prefer to cook food which not only looks delicious but also contain & maintain the nutritious value.
I’ve used “The bali diet” organic rice because they provide a Wonderful range for organic rice which are certified, unpolished, glutenfree & unprocessed.
They’ve perfect blend of aroma, texture, color & the taste. I don’t recommend products which I don’t use so, here is my recipe which came out so beautifully & delicious using “Trio” variety for “Vegan Rice Bun Burger”.
Why to soak brown rice before cooking?
- Please make sure that you soak brown/trio rice before 6-8 hours. soaking whole grains helps reduce their content of phytic acid, an enzyme inhibitor that prevents minerals from being absorbed by the body.
- Soaking rice fasten the cooking process.
- Soaking rice before cooking makes them digestible for our body & removes unwanted elements.
- You can use any veggie of your choice in the burger.
- You can use any oil for shallow fry. I personally prefer coconut oil or sesame oil for the aroma.
- Use any cheese for binding the rice in order to form a bun shape.
Organic trio Rice burger is one healthy replacement for the regular "refined flour" made bread bun.
- 1 Cup Organic trio rice (Soaked before 6-8 hours)
- 1 Tsp Rock salt
- 4-5 Fresh green chillies (As per taste)
- 3 Tsp Vegan cheese (For binding the rice)
- 2 Tsp Oil (for shallow fry bun)
- 1/2 Tsp Rock Salt
- 2 Sweet potato (Boiled, peeled & mashed)
- 1/2 Cup Peas (Boiled)
- 1 Tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/2 Tsp Italian herbs
- 1/2 Tsp Rock salt
- 1/2 Tsp Black pepper or red chilli flakes
- Oil (As per need)
- 2 Fresh Tomatoes (Cut into slices)
- 1/2 Cup Cucumber (Sliced)
- 4-5 Lettuce leaves
- 1 Tsp Black & white sesame seeds
- 4-5 Slices Capicum
- Grated cabbage
Soak Bali diet rice for 6 hours. Soaking organic rice allows the release of "Phytic Acid" which can cause digestive issues & cavities in teeth.
Boil with rock salt. Once softer drain the excess water.
Add chopped fresh chilli, vegan cheese. Make buns & shallow fry using little olive oil for crispiness from both sides.
Make "Sweet potato & peas" patty by boiling, mash & mix after adding spices & herbs. Shallow fry.
Organize your burger by applying homemade tomato sauce, adding veggies of your choice (I've used lettuce, tomato, capsicum, cabbage, cucumber).
Garnish with chilli flakes & sesame seeds.