This easy and subtly seasoned protein, fiber and power packed one pot meal makes a great dinner/brunch. This bowl of goodness warms the heart, you can add any choice of veggies in this stew. This fits in anyone’s diet because of hearty veggies, delicious taste and comforting rich elements used.
Just squeeze fresh lemon juice and chopped cilantro before serving. That takes the taste to another level. It tastes creamy and combination of spices brings the joy in your meal. This stew even gets better next day because flavours just blend so perfectly in the stew.
We just love including lentils in everyday’s diet. Because they are so healthy, delicious and versatile.
This stew is best when you are busy, just throw all delicious ingredients into the pot and forget about them for a while. Let them cook and enjoy your any other work.
- Please make sure you soak lentils and chickpea before cooking. That helps in speed up the cooking time.
- Feel free to add any veggie of choice, spices you can adjust according to your taste.
- Cooking time depends on “how old lentils” are. So, just make sure by pressing the lentil that its properly cooked and soft.
- You can add “Coconut milk” as well, to enhance flavours and make it more creamy.
Benefits of Lentils?
- Lentils are highly beneficial for heart health.
- The fiber, folic acid, and potassium in lentils all support heart health.
- Lentils add essential vitamins, minerals, and fiber to the diet and rich source of protein.
Its an amazing one-pot Vegetarian dish. Lentils and chickpeas go amazingly well with pumpkin. Its an easy, subtly seasoned, wholesome, Protein Rich, loaded with goodness of veggies & delicious recipe.
- 1 Cup Brown Lentil (Rinsed & soaked)
- 1/2 Cup Red Lentil (Rinsed & soaked)
- 1/2 Cup Chickpeas soaked & boiled
- 1/2 Cup Pumpkin diced
- 1/4 Cup Cauliflower boiled
- 1 Large onion peeled and sliced
- 2 Medium size fresh tomatoes chopped
- 1 Carrot peeled & diced
- 2 Garlic cloves & ginger chooped or crushed
- 4 Fresh chillies chopped
- Cilantro, basil leaves & celery
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 4 Cups Vegetable stock
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/4 Tsp Black pepper
- 1 Tsp Rock salt (According to taste)
- 2 Tsp Lemon juice
- 1 Tsp Coriander powder
- 1 Tsp Garam masala
- 1 Tsp Roasted Cumin powder
Combine lentils, chickpeas, pumpkin, cauliflower, carrot & salt. Add vegetable stock or water and bring to boil on medium heat.
I have shallow fried(in just 3-4 drops of oil) or roasted few pieces of pumpkin and cauliflower separately too with salt. And later added that in boiling stew that makes a lot of difference in taste. You can simply just put all in one pot and cook too.
Heat olive oil in a container. Add bay leaf, chopped onion till golden brown.
Add crushed garlic & ginger paste. Add chopped tomatoes and cook till they become soft.
Add turmeric powder, coriander powder. Add boiled lentil & veggies mix. Cover & cook for 8-10 more minutes., all flavours can blend properly.
Add garam masala, Roasted cumin powder, lemon juice and cilantro at last. Garnish with basil & coriander leaves.